Competition Terms & Conditions
105.9 Academy FM Folkestone has a set of rules which covers any competition run by us across all its current and future broadcast platforms. All entrants agree to abide by these rules. Entering into any competition shall be deemed to indicate acceptance of these rules. This includes entries made via any means.
1. Competitions are not open to the on-air presenters of Academy FM Folkestone, members of their immediate families (including spouse/partner, parents, grandparents, children, brothers/sisters) office staff or anyone connected with the promotion of the competition.
2. Competitions are intended simply to be fun without the intention of creating legal relations.
3. No purchase or part payment of any kind is required.
4. Where competitions do not permit multiple entries, any attempt at multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid, and any prize awarded will be withdrawn.
5. Academy FM Folkestone cannot be held responsible for any difficulty in communication with the radio station by any means.
6. Academy FM Folkestone does not accept any responsibility for late entries. All late entries will be refused.
7. Entrants must supply details as reasonably required, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. All such entries will be refused.
8. All rights, including copyright in entries, will be assigned to Academy FM Folkestone without payment. Entrants agree to their name being published on the air and elsewhere. They agree to their participation being broadcast, recorded and repeated and otherwise used without being entitled to any payment.
9. If the rules to the competitions have been broken, whether deliberately or by mistake, or answers have been revealed to contestants by any third party, the prize will be withdrawn.
10. Prizes offered by Academy FM Folkestone are, in most cases, provided to the us by a third party, or Partner. At the end of the competition the liability passes from Academy FM Folkestone to the Partner or third party for the delivery of the prize offered. If the Partner or third party thereafter cannot deliver the product for whatever reason Academy FM Folkestone is NOT liable for its provision.
11. There will be no cash alternative if a competition winner is subsequently unwilling or unable to accept the prize on offer.
12. Academy FM Folkestone reserves the right to cancel a competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
13. Complaints about the operation of a competition must be made in writing to the Station Manager at Academy FM Folkestone.
14. Academy FM Folkestone reserves the right to reject claims or applications and to alter, amend or foreclose a competition without prior notice.
15. Academy FM Folkestone cannot be held responsible for any loss that may be incurred by listeners attempting to enter competitions.
16. Winners are not eligible to enter further competitions for 28 days from the date of winning. This period may be longer in certain cases. Any additional period of exclusion for specific competitions will be clearly stated on the relevant prize voucher. In the event of any entrant winning a prize during a period of ineligibility, Academy FM Folkestone reserves the right to withhold the prize.
17. Age restrictions may apply to certain competitions.
18. In the event of any dispute, the decision of Academy FM Folkestone shall be final.